Coplus is a Norwich based insurance business supplying legal expenses insurance and outsourced claims management to partners across the UK.
Whether you have experience in the claims sector, insurance knowledge or are someone who is able to give excellent customer service and has a desire to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Full Stack Developer
The purpose of the Role
The successful candidate will be part of the IT & Systems Development team, you will be responsible for building & maintaining websites / web applications to help fulfil the company’s needs.
This is a great opportunity for someone that is passionate about development and wants to make a difference in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Have regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems
- Keeping regular communication with colleagues
- Be able to think and design in an Object-Oriented manner
- Contribute to and follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- Maintain professional competence by ensuring the department complies at all times with the Training and Competence procedures of the firm.
- You must act with integrity.
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence.
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
- Operate and comply with the requirements of the firm’s own procedures, the Financial Services and FCA regulations.
Technological Experience Desirable:
- Laravel and PHP
- Database (Mysql / MariaDb / MSSQL)
- HTML and CSS/SCSS (Bootstrap a plus)
- CSS (Including frameworks like Bootstrap)
- Experience working with REST API’s / Web Services
- Amazon Web Services
Demonstrate the business values at all times:
- Customer First
- Always improving
- Show professionalism
- Shared purpose
- Make a difference
Benefits – What can you expect?
- Contributory Pension.
- Life Assurance of 6 x annual salary.
- Private Health Care Insurance after 12 months employment.
- 25 Days Annual Leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Central Norwich location in Norfolk Tower, Surrey Street.
- Close proximity to Bus station.
- Travel Loan Scheme.
£40,000.00 per year
Due to COVID -19 all interviews will be held via Microsoft teams
To apply for any of the vacancies above please email your CV and covering letter to our HR team, alternatively for further information or an informal chat please call 01603 420009.
We are always on the look-out for talented individuals to join us, so if you think you’d like to be part of our team please email your CV to our HR team.
Protecting your personal information is extremely important to us, please see our Privacy notice for role applicants for more information.