Coplus is a Norwich based insurance business supplying legal expenses insurance, ancillary insurance products and outsourced claims management to partners across the UK.
Whether you have experience in the claims sector, insurance knowledge or are someone who is able to give excellent customer service and has a desire to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Job Title: Quality Assurance and Complaints Technician
Salary Bracket: £18,000 - £23,000 per annum
Contract Type: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
Reporting to: Quality Assurance Team Leader
Working to ensure that the company provides the best level of service. Continually improving both internal quality and the quality of service provided by our working partners. To identify and manage a range of complaints that we receive, and work towards ensuring a fair outcome.
- Handle verbal and written complaints in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Making fair and reasoned judgments about complaint outcomes in a timely manner and in line with TCF principles.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding any issues with service provision.
- Supporting the process of delivering feedback to business areas on their complaints handling practices.
- Reviewing customer service feedback.
- To ensure departmental compliance is followed at all times, with the requirements of the firm’s own procedures, the financial services and FCA Regulations.
- To contribute to, and follow at all times, the firms policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- To maintain professional competence by ensuring the department complies at all times with the Training and Competence procedures of the firm.
- Listening to and grading claims calls against a scorecard.
- Conducting claims file audits.
- Supporting the process of delivering feedback to business areas on audit results.
- General administrative duties including mailbox monitoring.
- You must act with integrity.
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence.
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
- Operate and comply with the requirements of the firm’s own procedures, the Financial Services and FCA regulations.
- Contribute to and follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- Maintain professional competence by ensuring the department complies at all times with the Training and Competence procedures of the firm.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to quickly build a picture of customers’ circumstances and needs.
- A flair for investigation and resolution of complex queries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and maintain a practical focus.
Knowledge and Experience
- Good knowledge and experience of handling complaints
- A strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- Strong administrative/written skills
- Working within the insurance sector
- Understanding of FCA regulations
Demonstrate the business values at all times:
- Customer First
- Always improving
- Show professionalism
- Shared purpose
- Make a difference
We understand the importance of protecting your data. Read our Privacy Notice for Role Applicants for more information.
Recent articles and industry insight from Coplus